Monday, September 29, 2014

How I Style Something I Didn't Know How

Hi everyone!
So today i abandoned of my comfort zone. If you have been around, you know that i don't like that much to take pictures of myself, i'm a super awkward person and i know i have an average body. You know i'm not Chiara or Andy haha. So don't be hard on me, i hope this can be the beginning of a new phase on the blog where i can feel more comfortable in pictures.
So about today's post: We all have that item that we like but we don't know how to wear it and you think is out of your style. Today i will share with you that tricky item in my closet.
Months ago my big brother gave me a Mango shirt for my birthday, i really struggled so much trying to style it.
The shirt actually was a little bit out of my comfort zone because of the print, the color and the leather details. I normally would wear an animal print but in soft colors like beiges and browns. The color is a little bit scary in my opinion and also the leather details. I think there is a fine line between style it right and do a completely mess.
Here are some tips about how to style something you don't know how.


Hola a todos! 
Hoy abandoné mi zona de confort. Si has estado cerca de este blog, sabes que no me gusta mucho tomarme fotos, soy una persona super incómoda delante de la cámara y  también sé que tengo un cuerpo promedio. Tu sabes, no soy Chiara ni Andy haha. Así que no seas duro conmigo, espero que esto pueda ser el comienzo de una nueva etapa en el blog donde puedo sentirme más cómoda con las cámaras. 
Sobre el post de hoy: Todos tenemos una prenda que nos gusta, pero que no sabemos cómo usarla o combinarla  y a lo mejor piensas que no es de tu estilo. Hoy voy a compartir con ustedes esa prenda difícil en mi closet.
Meses atrás, mi hermano me regaló una blusa Mango por mi cumpleaños, realmente luché mucho tratando de combinarla.
En realidad, la blusa estaba un poco fuera de mi zona de confort debido al print, el color y los detalles de piel. Normalmente me pondría un animal print pero en colores suaves como beiges y marrones. El color puede asustar un poco y también los detalles de piel, en mi opinión. Creo que hay una línea muy delgada entre combinarla correctamente o hacer un completo desastre. 
Aquí van algunos tips acerca de cómo combinar una prenda que no sabes como usar.

1. Don't go crazy with the makeup, use neutral colors in order to tone down the look./ No te aloques con el maquillaje, usa colores neutros para suavizar el look.

2. Pair it with pieces that you are comfortable with. A pair of momjeans never fail./ Combínala con piezas con las que te sientas cómoda. Los momjeans nunca fallan.

3. If the piece has vibrant colors, try to stick with neutrals for you accessories./ Si la prenda tiene colores brillantes, trata de apegarte a colores neutrales para tus accesorios.

In my case i chose black. / En mi caso yo escogí el negro

4. For the jewellry don't go with bolds./ Para la joyería no escojas algo grande y tosco.

T-shirt: Mango
Jeans: Vintage Ralph Lauren
Bag: Local Boutique
Booties: Frida
Jewellry: Gifts from my granny


Hope you enjoyed this post!. Let me know if you would love to read more of these./ Espero que hayas disfrutado este post. Házme saber si te gustaría leer más de estos.

#likeitshareit

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! I don´t know what happened with your comment! But read it! Thanks so much for your kind words! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Me encanto todo el outfit! Soy fan del negro y el pop de color rojo hace un gran contraste con tus jeans, que por cierto me gustaron mucho. Muy buen post!

    Fabi | www.halfwaytonewyork.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Fabi! Muchisimas gracias por tu comentario! Me alegra que te haya gustado! Te mando un gran saludo! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Nelly! This is the first time I see your blog. Congratulations for this post. I think it is important to try to mix different things. Today I have started following you on G+! Hope your follow back! What do you think to follow us also in Bloglovin? Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eni! Thanks so much for passing by! And of course i already followed you at g+ and i will on bloglovin aswell! Thanks for your kind words and support! :)
      Nelly

      Delete